The Morristown Chapter,
Daughters of the American Revolution
Located in Morristown, New Jersey, our chapter was organized by 12 ladies on November 12, 1895. The organizing regent was Rosanna Duncan (Mrs. General Joseph) Revere. Members took the chapter name from the town, which is also known as the Crossroads of the American Revolution.
In 1923, the chapter purchased the house once owned by Revolutionary War physician and surgeon, Dr. Jabez Campfield. Chapter members named the property the Schuyler-Hamilton House to remember where the courtship and engagement between Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Schuyler, daughter of General Philip Schuyler, and Alexander Hamilton took place. The house is located a short distance from the Morristown National Historical Park, the winter encampment of General Washington during the 1777-1778 winter and again during the ‘Hard Winter’ of 1779-1780. The chapter still owns and actively maintains the property. Tours are available to the public on Sundays from 1-4pm.
In 1999, the Short Hills Chapter, NSDAR merged with the Morristown Chapter, NSDAR. Since 1895, our chapter membership has grown from the 12 organizing members to more than 100 full and associate members.
Chapter meetings are held on the first Saturday of each month, September through May. Prospective members are welcome to attend.
To contact us about attending one of our meetings, becoming a member, or to learn more about the DAR, please email us.
Our chapter actively supports the objectives of the NSDAR:
Updated September 22, 2023